The latest issue of Crochet! magazine (Defining Crochet) is now available, and the theme of this issue is “26 Modern-Day Bohemian Chic Projects!” The issue includes a diverse grouping of projects that includes women’s clothing, a sporty hat, a unique and unusual purse, a baby dress and headband set, a matching unicorn lovey and rattle for babies, jewelry, 3 blankets and a couple of pillows. Here are some of the highlights:
Women’s Clothing Patterns Included in the Summer 2018 Issue of Crochet! Magazine:
The cover photo shows you a carefree, on-trend peekaboo top crocheted using a lacy stitch pattern. Some of the other clothing patterns in this issue are as follows:
- Circle All That Apply Crochet Jacket Pattern
- Easy Top-Down Crochet Macchiato Sweater Pattern
- Lahaina Crochet Top Pattern
- Golden Crochet Mesh Cardigan Pattern
- Summer Swag Tee-Shirt Pattern
- One-Piece Crochet Wrap Vest Pattern
- Maya Vest Crochet Pattern
- Keep It Simple Shawl Pattern
- Jade Isles Shawl Pattern
Crochet Blanket Patterns Included in the Summer 2018 Issue of Crochet! Magazine:
Blanket Surprise — A Crochet Blanket Pattern That’s Easy Enough for Total Beginners
On a scale of 1 to 6, with 1 being the easiest, the team of Annie’s assigned this blanket a skill level rating of 1. To look at it, you’d never guess it’s such an easy pattern, would you? The design looks fresh, sophisticated, complex and lovely.
Part of the appeal comes from the eye-catching colorway in the suggested yarn for the project. The interesting puckered stitch pattern adds even more interest to the three-dimensional appearance of the blanket. This pattern looks much harder than it really is; the stitch is actually super-duper simple to crochet.
Mandala Granny Afghan
This insanely colorful blanket is comprised of blocks that could be either granny squares or mandalas, depending how you look at it.
Bold Boho Mini Throw
This round throw is embellished with colorful pompoms.
Jewelry Crochet Patterns Included in the Summer 2018 Issue of Crochet! Magazine:
If you enjoy crocheting jewelry, I bet you’ll LOVE the Summer 2018 issue of Crochet! magazine. There are several GORGEOUS jewelry projects that all look like they’d be both interesting to work on and lovely to wear:
Beachy Tassel Crochet Necklace Pattern
If you make this casual tassel necklace, you’re likely to get a lot of use out of it during the summer months. It pairs well with everything from sundresses to t-shirts and jeans.
Dreamer’s Geometry Crochet Mandala Earrings
Turkish Crochet Bracelets and Watch Band
There are several different ways you can get your hands on Crochet! magazine:
- Click here to download the Summer 2018 PDF edition at the Annie’s website; that’s the edition that includes the pattern for the projects you see pictured above.
- Click here to subscribe to Crochet! magazine at Amazon (both print subscriptions and Kindle reader subscriptions are available). As of the time of this posting, the Summer 2018 issue is the current issue; I just got mine in the mail a few days ago. Be aware that your subscription will most likely start with the most current edition of the magazine at the time you subscribe.
- Click here to join the Crochet Guild of America; a subscription to Crochet! magazine is included with the cost of your guild membership. That’s how I came by my copy of this magazine; I’m a proud CGOA member.