Learn how to make your own placemats. You can knit and crochet your own placemats using placemat patterns, some of which are available for free online and others which can be found in crochet books or knitting books. Find ideas for everyday placemats, Christmas placemats, Easter placemats, Thanksgiving placemats and more.
I found the following free crochet patterns posted at other Internet web sites. I think these patterns all look interesting, although I haven’t actually tried crocheting any of them. I hope you will find the links helpful.
Free Crochet Placemat Patterns at the Red Heart Web Site:
- Pinwheel place setting: This link takes you to a page where you can download a free PDF featuring crochet patterns for placemats and coasters with spiral designs. Mary Jane Protus is the crochet pattern designer.
- Cornmeal mats: If you ask me, these are much prettier than the name suggests. The link takes you to a page where you can download a free PDF pattern for lovely striped placemats crocheted in Red Heart Super Saver.
- Americana place setting
- Country Christmas placemat and coaster set
Free Patterns for Table Settings at the Garnstudio.com Web Site
These patterns are all drop-dead gorgeous! Many of these links take you to free patterns for table settings, including placemats plus other coordinating items such as doilies, coasters and / or napkin rings.
- Easter table setting with placemat
- Chicken theme table setting with placemat — Great for Easter, French country decor, or everyday use.
- Christmas table setting with placemat
- Fancy table setting with placemat — suitable for weddings or any special occasion
- Heart table mat and napkin ring
- Christmas lunch placemat and napkin ring