Do you have multiple small balls of crochet thread or scrap yarn hanging around? Could you use a not-too-big but not-too-small portable organizer for storing them in? If so, the ArtBin Mini Sidekick Craft Organizer might be just the storage solution you need. The Mini Sidekick is a versatile, multi-purpose craft organizer that’s not too huge, not too tiny, and just right.
Design and Dimensions of the Organizer
The ArtBin Mini Sidekick craft organizer is made of a hard, rigid polypropylene plastic which will keep your yarn, crochet thread or other supplies safe from rain, water or other hazards like kittycat claws, dog hair, household dust, airborn mold, etc. This organizer has a side opening lid with secure latches and carrying handle. The box measures about 11 inches by 5 1/2 inches by 7 1/4 inches.
Best Uses for This Organizer
- Crochet and Knitting — For some of you, the Mini Sidekick will be the perfect little catch-all scrap yarn organizer. For those of you who knit or crochet on a daily basis and make dozens of projects each month, the Mini Sidekick might be too small to hold all your yarn scraps; but it could be a good solution if you want to buy more than one of these organizers. If you want to sort your scraps by color, you could buy several of them: one for neutrals, one for reds and oranges, one for greens, one for blues and so on.
- Rubber Stamping — This organizer is the perfect size for stacking full-sized stamping ink pads. The Mini Sidekick is just what you need for storing Staz-On inkpads, Adirondack inkpads, Brilliance inkpads and other similar inkpads.
- Card Making, Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts — The Mini Sidekick is the ideal size for bunches of different paper crafting tools. It works well for storing Fiskars Paper Edgers and hand punches, among many others. You could also use it for storing embossing inks, Pearl-ex jars, bottles and tubes of adhesive, rolls of tape or glue dots, and bunches of other paper craft supplies.
- Jewelry Making — You can store wire, jeweler’s tools, metal findings and numerous other sorts of jewelry making supplies in the Mini Sidekick.
- Kids’ Crafts or Toys — The Mini Sidekick would make a fantastic home for all kinds of different treasures that kids like to collect. A few that come to mind are kids’ scissors, paste, modeling clay, crayons, markers, PVC mini figurines, and flower looms or small plastic craft looms.
- This is not a comprehensive list of best possible uses, as I’m sure there are quite a few more I haven’t thought of. This is one of the most versatile craft organizers ever.
Things I Like Best About The Mini Sidekick Organizer
- It’s portable, thanks to the compact shape and the comfortable handle on top. I can move it easily, whether I want to load it in the car to take my supplies on the go, or I just want to move it out to the kitchen table so I can work on a craft project while I cook dinner.
- The design of this organizer saved me quite a bit of space as compared against the cardboard box I was previously using to house the exact same amount of crochet thread.
- I love the translucent plastic, which allows me to see what I have stored inside the organizer without actually having to open it. That’s a real time-saver.
- It’s secure. The latching mechanism works well and is robust enough to keep the organizer closed, even when it’s loaded with heavy craft supplies like metal wire, metal jewelry findings, jeweler’s tools and similar items.
Would I Buy More of These Organizers?
YES! I have a Mini Sidekick in my craft supplies stash, but my wishlist includes 3 more of them. I’m looking forward to adding more of these organizers to my storage and organization system shortly.
Would I Recommend These Organizers to Friends?
YES! I’d definitely recommend the Mini Sidekick to friends who craft. If you participate in just about any type of arts and crafts, you’re likely to find a good use for these organizers.
Where to Buy the Organizer
- Click here to shop for the ArtBin Mini Sidekick organizer at Amazon.
- Click here to shop for this organizer at CreateForLess.
- Click here to shop for this organizer at the ArtBin website.
More Useful ArtBin Craft Organizers You’ll Want to Know About:
- ArtBin Yarn Drum, Item#: 6934SA — Do you ever bring your yarn, crochet hooks and / or knitting needles on the go with you when you head out the door? If you craft on the go, the Yarn Drum will keep you looking polished, stylish and organized while you’re in transit. At times when you craft at home, the Yarn Drum makes a fantastic project organizer and protective barrier against hazards like dog hair, cat claws, dust and lint.
- ArtBin Hook & Needle Nook, Item#: 6930AB — This hard plastic storage case is exactly what you need for organizing traditional crochet hooks and steel crochet hooks. It can also be ideal for organizing Tunisan crochet hooks and knitting needles that are 12 inches long or shorter.
- ArtBin Hook & Needle Folio, Item#: 8414SA (not pictured) — This is a large zippered case for keeping knitting needles, crochet hooks and other needlework supplies neatly organized, whether you’re crafting at home or on the go.
- ArtBin Solutions Storage Cabinet, Item#: 6994AB — If you do bead crochet, bead knitting, wire crochet or wire knitting, this is an outstanding organizer for keeping track of your beads, findings, tools, and wire. It also works well for organizing embroidery floss and other sorts of craft supplies
- ArtBin Solutions Long Open Core, Item#: 3901AB — This is a compact and versatile multi-purpose craft supplies organizer.
- ArtBin Super Satchel 1-Compartment, Item#: 6955AB — This is a fantastic multi-purpose craft organizer that’ll help you organize just about any type of art or craft supply you might need to find a place for.
- ArtBin Thread Storage Tray, Item#: 6820AG — Organize your sewing thread intuitively in this heavy-duty thread storage tray. You can wall mount this piece if you don’t have a handy table, counter or shelf to put it on, or you can tuck it inside a craft organizer if that would better suit your needs.
See Also: How to Organize Yarn
This product review was last updated on 3/26/2019.