There are zillions of different ways to make lace. Nowadays, most lace is mass-produced and made by machine — but handmade lace isn’t a lost art. Far from it; in fact, it’s enjoying renewed popularity right now. People all over the world are picking up hooks and needles in pursuit of their own unique and personal knitted and crocheted lace projects.
Are you interested in making your own knitted or crocheted lace lovelies by hand? If so, read on to discover bunches of different patterns, projects and pages on the topic of knitting and crocheting lace.
Crocheting lace can be easier than you might think. While there are definitely some complicated lace patterns out there, there are also ultra-simple lace patterns too. Because they usually incorporate many chain stitches, lace projects often work up quickly — with them often being faster projects than ones made with more solid stitches.
Want to try your hand at crocheting lace? If so, we invite you to explore the following pages to get free patterns, ideas, instructions and inspiration.
Crochet Lace Stitches
Crochet Lace Scarf Patterns
- Crochet Lace Infinity Scarf — Free Pattern
- Grid Lace Scarf — Free Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Lace Scarf With Bold Shell Stitches
Crochet Lace Hat Patterns
“Bruges crochet” is a technique that can result in a wide variety of gorgeous openwork fabrics, all of which share one common element: they resemble vintage handmade Bruges lace. To find out more about this technique, you are invited to visit our overview of Bruges crochet.
Lace Sock Patterns to Knit
- Princess knit socks pattern
- Antoinette knit lace socks pattern
- Rosie Textured Lace Socks With Chevrons and Stripes
- Sophia Over-the-Knee Socks With Lacy Knit Leaf Pattern
- Lace Knit Ankle Socks
- Knit Socks With Diagonal Lace Pattern (PDF Pattern)
- One-Color Knit Socks With Stars and Stripes Lace Design
Women’s Lace Knit Dress Patterns
These are all free knitting patterns: