Welcome to our main directory of knitting and crochet patterns. We offer a wide variety of patterns for knitting and crocheting many different types of projects, including accessories like scarves and hats; baby patterns such as baby blankets and headbands; components like edgings, squares and appliques; and items for the home, such as blankets and baskets. We hope you’ll enjoy browsing through these patterns, and selecting some to add to your pattern stash.
Click here if you want instructions for making an easy beginner’s granny square. Otherwise, if you want granny square patterns, the link above is a better choice; it’ll take you to some more creative options for granny square patterns including granny squares with flowers and more.
Clothing and Accessories
Seasonal Knitting and Crochet Patterns:
- Fall Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- Winter Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- Spring Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- Summer Knitting and Crochet Patterns
Patterns by Skill Level
Patterns by Stitch or Technique
Crochet Shell Stitch Instructions and Patterns
Free Patterns and Project Ideas for Using Up Yarn Scraps
Patterns by Theme:
Knit and Crochet Bunny Patterns — These patterns all feature bunnies in some way. There are bunny blankets, bunny amigurumi toys, bunny cozies, bunny appliques and many other assorted bunnies to make. These are mostly free patterns, but the list also includes some outstanding patterns you can buy.
Knit and Crochet Butterfly Patterns — Find bunches of free knit and crochet butterfly patterns, plus a small number of outstanding butterfly patterns you can buy. This list includes butterfly blankets, butterfly sweaters, baby clothes, butterfly appliques, projects that incorporate interesting lace and cable butterfly stitch patterns and a whole bunch of other assorted butterfly-themed projects.
The Latest Knitting and Crochet Pattern Books
- Traditional Danish Sweaters — This is a book of sweater knitting patterns PLUS a knitting stitch dictionary of Danish knitting motifs.
- Colorful Knit Soxx
- Jorid Linvik’s Big Book of Christmas Knits
- Fair Isle Mittens — Believe it or not, this is a crochet pattern book.
- Crochet for Girls
- Round Loom Knitting in 10 Easy Lessons
- Amazing Loom Knits
- Slow Fashion Made Fast
- Casual Weekend Knits
- 50 Stitches for Afghans — These are all crochet stitches.
- Crochet Loom Blooms by Haafner Linssen, Published by Interweave
- Flower Loom Crochet, Published by Annie’s
- Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible, Published by Tuttle Publishing
- Knitting for the Fun of It! Published by Trafalgar Square Books
- Arne & Carlos Favorite Designs, Published by Trafalgar Square Books
- 60 More Quick Baby Blankets, Published by Sixth&Spring
- Jorid Linvik’s Big Book of Knitted Socks, Published by Trafalgar Square Books
- Afghan Knits by Martin Storey, Published by Trafalgar Square Books
- Field Guide to Knitted Birds by Arne & Carlos, Published by Trafalgar Square Books
- Dimensional Tuck Knitting Book
- Corner-to-Corner Crochet Lap Throws for the Family
- The Alterknit Stitch Dictionary — A Knitting Pattern and Technique Book With Stitch Dictionary
- 60 Quick Knits for Little Kids
- 6,000+ Pullover Possibilities
- Vogue Knitting Shawls and Wraps Book
- Find More Knitting Pattern Books
- Check Out More Crochet Pattern Books
About the Author: Amy Solovay is a freelance writer with a background in textile design. She has been crocheting and crafting since childhood, and knitting since she was a teenager. Her work also appears at AmySolovay.com, ArtsWithCrafts.com and Crochet-Books.com. Amy sends out a free knitting and crochet newsletter so interested crafters can easily keep up with her new patterns and tutorials. If you’re already an Instagram user, Amy also invites you to follow her on Instagram.
This page was last updated on 1-23-2020.