Want to make potholders like these? If so, you’ll use two interesting techniques to stitch them:
- Tunisian crochet, and
- Cross stitch on crochet.
These techniques complement each other beautifully.
How they work together: Instead of buying aida fabric, like cross stitchers often do, you crochet the fabric you’ll use to cross stitch on top of. The fabric you’ll crochet is basically a small, striped, potholder-sized square, worked in afghan stitch. Then you use your crochet stitches as the guidelines for placing the cross stitch.
To finish, you create a solid-colored back in afghan stitch, then join the two pieces together using a simple edging.
Want to give it a try? If so, be sure to grab the free pattern, which includes more precise information and details.
Get the Free Potholder Pattern:
- Get the Free Potholder Pattern at Crochet.About.com
- Get More Patterns for Potholders — Here at KnittingandCrochet.net
More Free Crochet Christmas Patterns:
- Crochet Cupcake Christmas Pot Holders
- Peppermint Candy-Inspired Christmas Potholders to Crochet
- Beaded Christmas Napkin Rings
- Crochet Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Click here to check out our main directory of Christmas knitting and crochet patterns, which includes more free patterns plus some additional patterns you can buy that are worth the money.
This page was last updated on 10/11/2018.