Would you like to get organized? (Of course you would!) Storage baskets can help you to accomplish that goal easily. Another nice thing about them is that you can see right into them — which eliminates the “out of sight, out of mind” phenomenon that’s such a hindrance to visual people.
Would you like some unique ways to package up your gifts? Baskets can help with that too. Take a random assortment of candies, coffees, gourmet goodies, bath items, or baby products (etc!) and group them together in a basket. Voila — a gift basket.
Of course, you can vary your gift baskets to include fun holiday themes and color schemes: Christmas gift baskets, Easter baskets, Valentine candy baskets, Halloween candy baskets…
Whatever your reason for wanting to have some baskets on hand, it’s wonderful if you can crochet or knit your own; you can create just the basket you want, in exactly the size you want, for exactly the occasion you’re celebrating — or for everyday use.
Topics Covered on This Page:
- Crocheting Baskets; Free Crochet Basket Patterns: Crochet Baskets Made With Rope, Fabric Crochet Baskets, Crochet Baskets Made With T-Shirt Yarn, Crochet Baskets Made With Yarn and Tapestry Crochet Baskets
- Knitting Baskets; Free Basket Patterns to Knit
- Free Handmade Basket Patterns
- Decorating With Baskets
- Making Beautiful Christmas Gift Baskets
- Making Easter Baskets
- Making Storage Baskets
- Home Accessories
- DIY Home Decorating
If you’d like to find an abundance of lovely basket patterns, tutorials and instructions, keep reading for bunches of links to different creative designs.
Free Crochet Basket Patterns:
You can crochet this pretty basket and then fill it with Christmas cheer to give to a friend, family member or colleague. If you need ideas for what to put in it, don’t worry, I’ve included plenty of suggestions along with the free basket pattern.
If you aren’t working on Christmas projects at the moment, feel free to crochet this basket in different yarn colors — because it would work well for other occasions (and non-occasions) too.
Everyday Baskets to Crochet
These baskets could be decorated, or used, any which way you want them to be.
This is a set of 3 different fabric crochet nesting baskets in different sizes. You can make any of them alone, or make all 3 sizes to use together. Kara Gunza is the designer, and you can access the free pattern at her website. Click here if you want to check it out.
- Easy basket pattern at Crochet Spot
- Little crochet basket at Chickpea Sewing Studio
- Round mini basket at Crochet ‘N’ More
- Clothesline crochet covered baskets at Pricscilla’s Crochet
- Fabric crochet basket worked in t-shirt yarn, posted at AnneMarie’s blog
Tapestry Crochet Baskets
Carol Ventura’s tapestry crochet baskets are intriguing (and useful!) projects.
- Beaded tapestry crochet basket by Carol Ventura, posted at the Crochet! Magazine web site
- Spiral basket in tapestry crochet by Carol Ventura
- Hearts and diamonds reversible tapestry crochet basket by Carol Ventura — This link takes you to a long PDF which includes many different craft projects. The tapestry crochet basket pattern is on page 10 of this PDF.
Do you knit for any kids who are either too little for candy, or not allowed to have candy for whatever reason? If so, this little Easter basket could be a fun gift idea for them. Click here for the basket pattern, and click here for the Easter friends to fill it with.
More Crochet Patterns for the Home
- Crochet Rag Rugs and Other Crochet Rug Patterns
- Blanket Patterns
- Pillow Patterns
- Knit and Crochet Edging Patterns
This page was last updated on 1/7/2018.