What I love most about cowls: They free you from the stress of having to tie a scarf around your neck in a way that’s both secure and stylish. Forget about scarf tying! You just wrap your cowl around your neck, and you’re good to go.
I also LOVE crocheting my own cowls; it’s fun to choose colors, fibers and patterns to match all my other cold-weather gear.
If crocheting cowls is also of interest to you, I invite you to take a look at the following list of crochet cowl patterns. I’ve rounded up bunches of fantastic patterns for stylish cowls that will keep you entertained while you’re making them, and then keep you warm when you’re wearing them afterwards. Enjoy!
Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
Want a super warm cowl that’s quick to crochet, easy to finish and really pretty, too? Try this quick, easy jumbo cowl pattern. The jumbo yarn is the key; it’s the reason the cowl works up so fast, and it’s also the reason the finished project is so eye-catching.
Buy Crochet Cowl Patterns
Self-Striping Aran Crochet Cowls
Bonnie Barker has just released a brand new crochet pattern book called Self-Striping Projects. 2 of the 9 projects in this book are gorgeous, richly-textured crochet cowls (and one of the other patterns is a beanie to match one of the cowls). Check ’em out:
If either of these is exactly the project you want to make, you’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of Self-Striping Projects by Bonnie Barker. The book is available in both digital and paperback formats. I own a copy of the book, and I highly recommend it! In addition to the cowl patterns, you’ll find multiple other stylish projects to keep you busy.
By Sharon Hernes Silverman; Published by Stackpole Books
Crochet Cowls is exclusively devoted to giving you cowl patterns — and nothing but cowl patterns. The following are some of the main reasons you might want to own this book:
- If you want to crochet a trendy infinity scarf, cowl or neck warmer, this book will give you 15 different choices covering a wide spectrum of possibilities for different crochet techniques, crochet stitches, yarn colors and fibers to try.
- Projects range from ultra-affordable to luxurious, giving you realistic choices whether you’re keeping careful tabs on your yarn budget or in a position to splurge on luxury yarns.
- International symbol crochet charts, step-by-step photo tutorials and clear written instructions will have you duplicating these projects intuitively.
Get more details in our book review of Crochet Cowls.
- Knit and Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Our Picks for the Best Crochet Scarf Pattern Books
These are my picks for worthwhile cowl patterns to crochet. Which one(s) will you make? Let me know in the comments!
This page was last updated on 1-21-2020.