Craft Technique: Knitting
This knit shawl features eye-catching color blocks created using several different knitting stitches. There are seed stitch edgings, plus stockinette stitch areas, plus areas knitted in an interesting slip stitch colorwork technique.
The shawl is long and dramatic — perfect for keeping warm and capturing admiring glances as you do so.
This is a one-size-fits-all pattern. If you’re feeling generous, this makes a fantastic charity knitting project, because you know it’ll fit anyone you might want to give it to. It also makes a lovely gift if you want to give it to a friend, loved one or colleague.
To knit this shawl so it would turn out looking like the sample pictured, you’ll need five different colors of yarn. The suggested yarn for this pattern is Lion Brand’s Cotton Ease.
This is a free knitting pattern. It is available at the Lion Brand Yarns website:
Get the Free Knitting Pattern:
Learn More About Knitting With Color:
- Learn All About Stranded Colorwork Knitting, and Find Excellent Stitch Patterns in The Alterknit Stitch Dictionary, Published by Interweave
- Discover a Collection of Easy Fair Isle Knitting Patterns
- Find Out Where to Get Instructions for Knitting AMAZING Colorful Sweaters Designed in the Danish “Hen Knitting” Tradition
- Find our picks for the best crochet shawl pattern books
- Check Out Vogue Knitting’s Latest Shawl and Wrap Pattern Collection
- Discover Poetic Crochet, a collection of romantic crochet lace shawl and wrap patterns
- Check Out a Bunch of Sharon Silverman’s Amazing Crochet Shawls and Wraps — Plus Other Projects
- Airy Waves Knit Shawl — Free Pattern
- ZigZag Wrap — Discontinued Crochet Pattern
- Sign Up for Our Free Knitting and Crochet Newsletter
- Find a Classic Striped Knit Scarf Pattern
- Check Out More Knitting and Crochet Patterns
This page was last updated on 5/14/2018.