This knit shawl features eye-catching color blocks created using several different knitting stitches. There are seed stitch edgings, plus stockinette stitch areas, plus areas knitted in an interesting slip stitch colorwork technique.
The shawl is long and dramatic — perfect for keeping warm and capturing admiring glances as you do so.
This is a one-size-fits-all pattern. If you’re feeling generous, this makes a fantastic charity knitting project, because you know it’ll fit anyone you might want to give it to. It also makes a lovely gift if you want to give it to a friend, loved one or colleague.
To knit this shawl so it would turn out looking like the sample pictured, you’ll need five different colors of yarn. The suggested yarn for this pattern is Lion Brand’s Cotton Ease.
This is a free knitting pattern, but it is only available to registered members of Lion Brand’s website.
Get the Free Knitting Pattern:
- Find This Pattern Without Logging In
- Access the Free Pattern (If You Are Logged Into the Lion Brand Website)
- Check Out Vogue Knitting’s Latest Shawl and Wrap Pattern Collection
- Check Out a Bunch of Sharon Silverman’s Amazing Crochet Shawls and Wraps — Plus Other Projects
- Airy Waves Knit Shawl — Free Pattern
- ZigZag Wrap — Free Crochet Pattern