Project Photo: Christmas Candy Cane Dispenser
This Christmas candy cane dispenser is a fun and affordable way to use our free instructions for how to crochet a box shape. Using dollar store supplies, you can dress up the crocheted box shape to make this project. These make great gifts, but they’re also fun to keep and use.
- Completed crochet craft foam block cover (requires yarn, crochet hook and tapestry needle.)
- Candy canes, or similar candy. Mine came from the Dollar Tree store, but you can buy candy canes at many different stores.
- An abundance of curly ribbon – a 3-pack of premade curly bows was used in the sample. I purchased them at the Dollar Tree store, but many stores sell this kind of ribbon. Or you could curl your own ribbon using scissors if you prefer.
- 1 block of floral or craft foam. The foam shown in the sample measures 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” (98 mm x 98 mm x 98 mm)
- Glue / adhesive
- Materials for weighing down the crocheted box (I used a rock for this purpose.)
- Crochet the box shape
- Weigh down the foam as shown here:
- Put the weighted foam inside the crocheted box.
- Glue or adhere the ribbons to the top of the block of foam, arranging them so they cover it as much as possible.
- Use a sturdy metal crochet hook to gouge holes in the craft foam. Then stick the candy canes into the holes you made. I used a size H hook, and it was about the right size for the candy canes I bought. If you use a hook that’s too big, your candy canes might wobble.
- Use and enjoy, or give the completed candy cane dispenser as a gift.
So there you have it: That’s how to make your own Christmas candy cane dispenser using yarn plus a crochet hook and some dollar store craft supplies. I hope you’ll enjoy making (and using!) this project, and that you’ll have a blessed holiday season this year.
More Candy Cane Craft Projects
Find More Free Christmas-Themed Knitting, Crochet and Craft Projects
- Index of Free Christmas-Themed Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- More Christmas Craft Projects and Ideas
Find More Christmas Cheer
This page was last updated on 12-15-2018.