Looking for Christmas patterns to knit and crochet? If so, you just hit the jackpot. You found the mother lode of free patterns for making Christmas ornaments, Christmas decorations, Christmas blankets, holiday table settings, Christmas scarves, Christmas jewelry, Christmas gifts — and more. We invite you to browse through this list and grab as many of these patterns as you like. These Christmas patterns are all available for free on the Internet.
Want to deck your halls with handmade Christmas ornaments and other fabulous DIY Christmas decorations? If so, this is the place to load up on free patterns, tutorials and inspiration.
- Easy Crochet Christmas Tree Ornament
- Crochet Snowflake Christmas Ornament
- Lacy Wreath Christmas Ornament
- Small Wreath-Shaped Christmas Ornament to Crochet
- Knitted Christmas Ball Ornament Pattern
- Striped Knit Christmas Ball Ornaments
- Gingerbread Man Crochet Ornament
- 3D Crochet Snowman OrnamentPattern
- Tiny Three-Dimensional Knit Snowman Ornament
Holiday Table Settings, and Kitchen Patterns for Christmas
For some people, the holidays are really nothing more than a good excuse to throw Christmas parties, scarf Christmas cookies, drink eggnog and cook up some epic meals. So we think it’s important to offer a variety of patterns enabling you to set a gorgeous holiday table, and also to keep things looking festive in the kitchen.
Napkin Rings Suitable for Christmas:
- Beaded Christmas Napkin Rings
- Copper Beaded Wire Crochet Napkin Rings
- Pull Tab Napkin Rings With Dark Green Wire Accents
Free potholder patterns for making the projects pictured above, from left to right:
- Christmas Cupcake Potholders to Crochet
- Striped Crochet Christmas Potholders
- Peppermint Candy-Inspired Crochet Potholders — Free Pattern
- Crochet Gingerbread House Potholders
- Knitted Snowman Potholders
- Knitted Angel Potholders
- Nordic Knit Potholders
- Christmas Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Christmas Crochet Pillow Pattern
- Knit and Crochet Combination Christmas Stocking Pattern
- Mr. Kringle’s Stocking: A Knit Design With Traditional Norwegian Motifs
You can magically transform just about any item, including store-bought items, into Christmas projects. It’s easy! Just stitch a Christmas-themed applique to the item, and there you have it. An ordinary scarf can become a Christmas scarf, or an everyday hat can become a Christmas hat using this method. You can also use appliques to dress up plain Christmas tree skirts, Christmas stockings, and more.
Christmas Gift Baskets, Giftwrap Ideas and Gift Containers
- DIY Christmas Gift Basket Pattern to Crochet
- Crochet Wine Bottle Cover or Liquor Bottle Cover Pattern
- Knit Wine Bottle Cozy With Traditional Norwegian Design
- Knitted Aran Wine Bottle Covers
- Felted Knit Wine Bottle Carrier
- Crochet Gift Card Holder
- Cable Knit Gift Card Holder
‘Tis the season to dress up in festive Christmas scarves and accessories.
- Dressy Neck Warmer That’s Easy Enough for Total Beginners
- Crochet Christmas Scarf
- Grid Lace Christmas Scarf
- Thick and Thin Faux Lace Winter Scarf
- Knitted Floral Christmas Socks and Matching Mittens
- Knitted Snowman Socks
- Knitted Christmas Socks With Reindeer Motifs
- Christmas Socks With Elf Motifs
- Knitted Santa Claus Hat and Beard
Christmas Jewelry Patterns
Get free instructions and ideas for making your own Christmas jewelry. Whether you want to make jewelry for yourself or to give as gifts to your friends, family and colleagues, these free patterns and tutorials are sure to inspire you.
Free crochet patterns – pictured above, from left to right:
- DIY Button Necklace Crocheted in Christmas Colors
- Wire Lace Cuff Bracelet Crocheted in Christmas Colors
- Red, Green and Turquoise Bead Crochet Bracelet
Christmas Squares and Edging Patterns
- Crochet Puff Stitch Christmas Tree Square — Includes instructions for making a pillow or blanket using this design.
- Crochet Christmas Tree Square
- Simple Single Crochet Blanket Border — ideal for embellishing a Christmas afghan, but useful for just about any other blanket or afghan as well.
- Christmas Flower Granny Square — Coming Soon
- Coordinating Small Granny Square — Coming Soon
- Christmas Crochet Edging Pattern
- Three-Dimensional Christmas Poinsettia Pattern
- Lace Crochet Stocking Edging with Tassels
- Christmas Tree Skirt Edging Plus Snowflake and Bell Ornaments
So there you have it: that’s our roundup of free Christmas patterns to knit and crochet. We hope you found bunches of worthwhile patterns to either work on or add to your pattern archives.
Do you need to produce the coolest-ever Christmas gift for a knitter or crocheter in your inner circle? If so, you’ll want to check out our current Christmas gift guide featuring a mix of spectacular gift ideas. Some of the suggestions cover the trendiest yarns and needlework gadgets available. Others cover the best, highest quality time-tested classics that have been around for years — with good reason. Whether your gift recipient prefers the latest needlecraft gear or old-school traditional favorite craft supplies, you’ll find ideas for gifts you’ll be proud to give at Christmas or any time.
More Christmas Crafts
Want to find even more Christmas craft ideas? Since you’re the creative type, we figure you might like to browse through even more pages of handmade Christmas craft projects: