This pattern is from the book Tunisian Crochet Baby Blankets by Sharon Silverman, published by Leisure Arts.
Perhaps you’re already familiar with the afghan stitch, which some people also call “Tunisian Simple Stitch.” It’s a popular stitch, and it’s easy to crochet.
Did you know that you can do colorwork patterns in this stitch?
I invite you to take a close look at the photo above for an example of one of the patterns that is possible.
If you haven’t yet learned how to do this, it’s one of the topics covered in Sharon Silverman’s book, Tunisian Crochet Baby Blankets, published in 2014 by Leisure Arts.
Sharon designed the baby blanket you see pictured above, and the pattern for crocheting it is included in the book — along with 7 other Tunisian crochet baby blanket patterns. Along with this pattern, Sharon explains the afghan stitch colorwork technique in a way that’s clear, succinct and easy to understand.
The published baby blanket colorway is dramatically different from the one pictured here. The original color choices result in a boy-friendly look; the colors used are navy blue, white and yellow. It’s a lovely, trendy colorway that would be wonderful in contemporary nurseries.
Here I’ve re-colored the pattern into a more traditional pinks and white combination, which would be a nice colorway for a baby girl.
Check Out the Baby Blanket Pattern:
- Download the E-Pattern from the Leisure Arts website
- Find Tunisian Crochet Baby Blankets at Amazon.com
- Read a review of this book at Crochet.About.com
- NEW! Check out an interview with Sharon Silverman posted here at our website. In this interview, Sharon discusses the brand new Tunisian crochet shawl patterns she has designed, plus she shares some helpful recommendations for her favorite Tunisian crochet hooks, and her most-used crochet stitch dictionaries. You won’t want to miss this discussion.
- See more baby blanket patterns here at KnittingandCrochet.net
- Check out blanket patterns for people of any age