There are bunches of techniques you can use for handcrafting jewelry, and an abundance of interesting jewelry patterns available. With so many possibilities, it might not even have occurred to you that crochet and knitting are viable DIY jewelry-making techniques. However, once you see the gorgeous jewelry projects you can crochet and knit, we hope you’ll be excited to add these techniques to your jewelry-making skillset.
Crochet Jewelry-Making Projects
Wire Crochet Bracelet Patterns
The bracelets pictured below are crocheted using wire, beads and other jewelry findings:
- Wire Lace Cuff Bracelet
- Southwestern Turquoise and Red Coral Chip Bead Bracelet
- Rose Cat Eye Chip Bead Bracelet
- Afghan Stitch Bracelet in Wire Crochet
- Red Coral Chip Bead Bracelet in Wire Crochet
- Wire Crochet Bangle Bracelet With Beads
Wire Crochet Necklace Patterns
Wire and beads coordinate beautifully, and they’re lovely materials to use for crocheting necklaces.
- Wire Crochet Necklace With Rose Bead Chips
- Wire Crochet Necklace With Cotton Candy-Colored Glass Seed Beads
- Wire Crochet Necklace With Freshwater Pearls
Fabric Crochet Necklaces
When you think of fabric crochet, you probably associate it with time-consuming projects like rag rugs — but it doesn’t have to be that way. This project is an easy, low-commitment introduction to the fabric crochet technique.
More Crochet Necklace Patterns
- DIY Button Necklace
- Bead Crochet Necklace with Dichroic Glass Pendant: photo coming soon
Wire Crochet Earring Patterns
- Bird’s Nest Earrings Tutorial and Pattern — Learn the Most Basic Stitch in Wire Crochet, and Make Pretty Earrings at the Same Time. This Free Tutorial Is by Sue Perez.
- Beaded Medallion Wire Crochet Earrings by Kara Gunza at Petals to Picots
- Small Round Beaded Wire Crochet Earrings by Kara Gunza at Petals to Picots
- Wire Crochet Teardrop Earrings by Kara Gunza at Petals to Picots