Spring is a delightful time to be a knitting or crochet enthusiast; there’s inspiration everywhere! If you’d like to work on a new springtime project, please help yourself to any of our spring crochet and knitting patterns. The following list is a selection of patterns you might enjoy crocheting at this time of year:
One of my favorite things about springtime: all the glorious flowers in bloom. I love it that you can knit and crochet lovely flowers at any time of year, but I often feel inspired to make new flowers in the spring. You too? If so, be sure to check out the lovely flower patterns we offer.
Free Crochet Flower Patterns:
- Granny Square With 3-D Aster Flower: Free Crochet Pattern
- Free Crochet Daisy Flower Pattern
- Multicolored Crochet Flower Applique: Free Pattern
- Find More Lovely Flower Patterns HERE.
Crochet Loom Blooms is currently my favorite book of crochet flower patterns. This is actually a book combining flower loom techniques with crochet techniques. Here’s a project I made using one of the patterns in the book:
- Click Here to Shop for this book at the Interweave Store. Be sure to check out the bundle, which includes a Hana-Ami flower loom, too.
- Click here to shop for this book at Amazon.
- Find more of our picks for the best crochet flower pattern books.
- Check out more lovely potholder patterns.
- Take a look at my favorite crochet daisy patterns.
Stylish Spring Accessories
Every spring morning brings a new mystery: Will it be cold today? Will it be warm? Or, will it be hot? Perhaps it will be all three of the above at different times.
This, my friends, is the perfect opportunity to flaunt your knitted and crocheted accessories. Get out your beautiful shawls, your lacy scarves, and your fingerless gloves. (And if you don’t have any yet, now’s the time to make yourself some!)
Be sure to wear several layers of clothing; if it warms up to 100 degrees later, you can always shed a few layers; keep them in a convenient place so you can grab ’em again after the sun sets and the temperature drops.
My Favorite Spring Scarf Patterns to Crochet:
Many of our jewelry patterns are suitable for making and wearing in the springtime. Be sure to check out our beaded necklace and lace crochet necklace for starters. Another fantastic option is the “Elegant Trios” necklace, which is included in Sharon Silverman’s brand new book called Delicate Crochet. The book also includes bunches of other excellent patterns for clothing and accessories that are suitable for springtime crocheting, including a lace skirt, glorious shawls and striking tops to wear.
These are not your only options for necklace patterns and other jewelry patterns to make. There are plenty of other options to choose from; click here to see more exquisite jewelry patterns.
Get Your Spring Cleaning On
Have you started your spring cleaning yet? When you’re ready to get started with it, you’ll want to whip up some useful projects such as dishcloths, washcloths and scrubbies to help your tasks along. Be sure to grab some (or all!) of our free patterns for knitting and crocheting these household helpers.
- Easter patterns: Want to knit or crochet a bunny rabbit, Easter basket or other Easter project? If so, you’ll want to check out our page of lovely Easter crochet and knitting patterns.
- Passover / Pesach: We don’t have an extensive pattern list for this holiday, however, we do have a free pattern for a wine bottle cozy that fits square bottles of kosher wine. It would be nice for use on any occasion where wine is part of the celebration, including Passover and others.
- Mother’s Day crochet
Spring Showers Bring…a Rainbow of Free Crochet Patterns!
The rainbow is one of my favorite design themes, and I enjoy coming up with new ways to incorporate rainbows into my textile design work — not to mention my home and my wardrobe.
Want to see some of the rainbows I’ve crocheted, plus some other patterns I think are simply fantastic? If so, check out these rainbow patterns. The double rainbow square is one of my favorite spring crochet patterns, but there are many other rainbow designs to choose from.
Lightweight Knitting and Crochet Projects for Warm Spring Days
Our Picks for the Best Knitting and Crochet Books for Spring Crafting in 2019
Delicate Crochet includes lovely patterns for ladies, many of which are suitable for springtime crocheting. In this book, you’ll find patterns for making wearable items including scarves, tops, sweaters, shawls, wraps, fingerless gloves and more.
- Click here to shop for Delicate Crochet at Amazon.
- Click here to check out our preview of this book at Crochet-Books.com
Imagical Seasons: Spring by Alla Koval:
See Also: Alla Koval discusses crochet books, crafts, crochet tips and trends; this interview with the designer features lovely photos of the projects included in these books plus insights from the designer about her design process and favorite resources.
More Knitting and Crochet Patterns That Might Be of Interest in the Springtime:
Learning How to Crochet
Spring is a fantastic time to learn how to crochet. If you need some beginner’s instructions, check out our page on the topic of crochet for beginners. Then take a look at our recommendations for beginner crochet patterns.
Thanks for Dropping By Today.
We really appreciate your interest in our knitting and crochet patterns. Want to find more of them? If so, we invite you to stay and browse awhile. Here are some related resources you might also enjoy.
More Seasonal Crochet Patterns
- Summer Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- Fall Patterns to Crochet and Knit
- Winter Knitting and Crochet Patterns
- Holiday Knitting and Crochet Patterns
Knitting and Crochet Resources
- Crochet vs Knitting: What’s the Difference? Which One’s Better?
- Knitting and Crochet Supplies
- Knitting and Crochet Stitches
This page was last updated on 3/22/2019.